Customer launches civil court action against garage owner and breaks story to The Sun

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat Customer launches civil court action against garage owner and breaks story to The Sun

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Osborne J Thomson Motor Engineering in Kilmarnock has denied claims made by a customer who says the garage has been delaying repairs and has verbally
    [See the full post at: Customer launches civil court action against garage owner and breaks story to The Sun]

#162602 Reply
    Bryn Archer

This is standard procedure from some customers who want their car fixed for next to nothing and then when the garage wont do it they leave the car there while arguing the toss about the cost, I applaud this garage owner for standing his ground and hope hrs charging at least £15 per day storage charges after the first 30 days. This woman is full of it! Shes after her 24 hrs of fame.

#162603 Reply
    Peter Miles

OK, we don’t have the full facts here but, to me, it does sound like a complete try-on from the customer. The garage has apparently done nothing to the car and I’m sure would have been more than happy for her to take it away at any time. But instead of that she now wants them to repair it at their expense or reimburse her for buying a new car! Also I do wonder if she was less “easy on the eye” would The Sun have picked the story up?

#162604 Reply
    Brad

WHAT!!!!!
    The Sun picking up on a less than dubious article???
    Surely not?!?!?
    Sounds like a case that they have quoted her, she has left it there while she decides what to do, and now wants his first born.
    I agree though, if she was less easy on the eye, then the sun would have not even looked at this “story”.
    I wonder if her being blond has anything to do with this????

#162609 Reply
    Shaun

Sounds like the customer from hell. Usual story, the customer has a vehicle with a nasty problem and suddenly it’s now the garages fault. Her intention was to sell it but she’s claiming the garage should pay for her new car. It seems she knows full well that her vehicle is particularly ill but she wants someone else to pay for it. The shame of it is she could easily win.

#162610 Reply
    Eddie Bamber

We don’t know the full facts, but to me it sounds like a timing belt issue. The garage have advised that a repair can be done at great expense or it could possibly need a new engine. The owner is refusing to pay, or doesn’t have the money for the repair, so the garage have ,eat it in the corner and carried on with other work. The customer is now blaming the garage for not working on it or giving an incorrect diagnosis. Standard procedure with some customers. I would say bring it on, lat’s see who comes out on top.

#162611 Reply
    Rashid Ahmed

Just wondering why this person went to
    The Sun News paper .
    I’m sure the first thing would have been Trading
    Standards .
    Or was it a cheap stunt to be on page Three.

#162608 Reply
    Peter Miles
    #163170 Reply
    Brad

Peter Miles, looks like the same person from the details.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: Customer launches civil court action against garage owner and breaks story to The Sun

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.