Driver crashes new car trying to “figure out cruise control”

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat Driver crashes new car trying to “figure out cruise control”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

A driver of a brand-new Volvo was left red-faced when he smashed into the back of a lorry while trying to “figure out cruise control”, police say. [See the full post at: Driver crashes new car trying to “figure out cruise control”]

#152404 Reply
    Steph Savill

I have some sympathy for the driver. If only new car handovers covered this sort of thing. And if only owner handbooks were easier to read and understand. Both these areas can be improved upon and it’s not just Volvo of course.

#152507 Reply

Hi Steph, thanks for your comment. I’d have to agree that handbooks certainly don’t make for light reading. This story reminded me of the many people that will have bought a diesel car without having acknowledged the advice when it comes to the DPF. These consumers too fell foul of not reading the handbook, so it’s certainly not uncommon.

#152591 Reply
    Philip Dunmore

Drivers also need to take responsibility.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: Driver crashes new car trying to “figure out cruise control”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.