Halfords to open additional workshops and invest in staff training

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat Halfords to open additional workshops and invest in staff training

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Halfords new chief executive has unveiled plans to plough more money into the business – £60m a year rather than £40m. The investment plan also includ
    [See the full post at: Halfords to open additional workshops and invest in staff training]

#164851 Reply
    Alexander Mcintosh

Looking for service manager job if availed

#164853 Reply
    GREGF

Oh dear even more cowboys to compete with !!

#164854 Reply
    Jonny Bravo

Most the time they cant even fit a bulb correctly, I wouldn’t trust them to service my nans zimmer frame!

#164855 Reply
    GREGF

Still, on the upside , it will take a few MORON’S off the street’s to staff them I suppose, every cloud and all that !!

#164856 Reply
    mark mitchell

gregf i will tell you my mate steven is a manager with them he is not a moron he is a muppet for the first class i would not let him fit a bulb because he would mess it up no kidding

#164857 Reply
    Marcus

Good luck finding staff, especially when it’s 7 day a week outfit.

#164859 Reply
    Christopher

Halfturds!!!!! O dear more botched bulbs.

#164861 Reply
    Simon James

ah love it weekend want to be mechanic fixing a weekend want to be mechanics car the only thing that creates is more money for the real garage to repair what they messed up . just like kwick fit and mr clutch so called techs no background and no experiance required no wonder the trade going to the dogs and no one wants to be a mechanic

#164863 Reply
    Dougal

While I agree with all of the above they will still attract customers via large scale marketing campaigns.
    Some of these customers will be upset by the quality of service and never go back.
    The real motor trade will still have lost the £100 ++++ that they were charged on the first visit.

#164866 Reply
    Brad

All the time that they are screwing peoples cars, and then coming to us to get repaired properly, i don’t see it as much of a problem.
    I don’t need to make them look bad, not when they are dropping tools inside mercedes engines and stuffing them up.

#166044 Reply
    Taz

That’s excellent news more work for us Independants putting there shoddy work right thanks Halfords!!

#166045 Reply
    bob

I am putting another two bedroom flat above my workshop I can’t get any mechanics tyre fitted locally and I’ll pay good money for for Right people how is Helford going to get people to work seven days a week Where are they going to get the skil mechanics to train Then Bob Leatherhead

#166046 Reply
    graham cox

the whole industry needs to take note,customers are driven by cost and thease idiots work for cheap on the face of it,no matter how bad they are people will still use them and each one of thease customers is a lost job to our independent sector.
    without doubt based on our experience they will not be able to staff the garages with decent mechanics,so they will use who ever they can find,unless this industry gets correct regulation us the independents will continue to struggle and those garages who are not confident in there own ability will drop there prices to compete rather than standing there ground and charging the correct amount of money.
    this is now the time to get all good garages together and formulate a plan of attack to inform the public and government exactly why they need to use and support garages with trained and quality staff.

#166049 Reply
    keith davis

We had one locally and my workshop regularly had to rectify dreadful workmanship .
    Common problem was i had to charge customers more because i had to fix the damage done by said repairer and then correctly fix the original fault .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: Halfords to open additional workshops and invest in staff training

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.