Introduce yourself

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat Introduce yourself

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Leon Thomas

Hi all, thought it would be a good idea for us to introduce ourselves and get to know each other a little bit more.

As you can all (hopefully) tell from my profile, I’m Leon and I work as the Editorial Assistant/Account Manager here at Garage Wire. At the moment that means I mainly help Mike pull together the content that you receive in our bulletins (if you don’t already receive them, you can subscribe for free here: http://garagewire.co.uk/subscribe/) as well as manage the social media accounts (Twitter and Facebook).

Outside of Garage Wire, I can be seen lurking around Birmingham looking for food with my friends or making the most out of my unlimited cinema membership! (Jigsaw is a GREAT film!)

Enough about me though, we want to know about you guys!

#147527 Reply
    Paul
    Participant

Hi
    I’m Paul, the director of Uk Injector Removal.
    I will be uploading some photos and a description of some of my jobs that I have done over the past 3 1/2 years of removing seized/snapped injectors and glow plugs so please keep checking in as you may have one of these jobs book in.
    If any body has any issues regarding glow plugs and injectors please call and I’ll be only too happy to help as I offer national coverage on a no removal no charge basis.
    Regards
    Paul

#147533 Reply
    Craig Harrity
    Participant

I have experience in the automotive repair industry spanning 20 years. I am a grease monkey with a thirst for knowledge, a desire for precision & a willingness to achieve perfection. Enthusiastic engineer, advocate of new technologies & industry advances. Runner up in Garage of the Year 2017. Garage Wire reader & columnist. Avid collector of tools. Grower of beards & Corona connoisseur.

Website | Being rebuilt at present
    Facebook | @Philips.Garage.Glasgow
    Instagram | @philips.garage.glasgow

#147782 Reply
    Baz657
    Participant

Hi. Been in the motor trade for over 45 years, a tester for 35 and a AE for 33. Currently have two sites, one in East London and the other in the North Derbyshire/South Yorkshire area. Co-founder of one of the MOT testers forums that are around (The MOT Testers and AE’s Forum and an active, if rather vocal, VTS council member.

#147783 Reply
    Paul Stember
    Participant

Hello. In the automotive repair industry over 40 years, tester and AE for 25 & a VTS council member of late. One site in Cornwall, runner up Garage of the Year 1987, & am also an avid collector of tools.

#147988 Reply
    Leon Thomas

Nice to meet you all. It’s brilliant to see the range of backgrounds you all have, and Paul S we DEFINITELY want to have a look at that toolbox some time!

#148134 Reply
    AUTODAN LIMITED
    Participant

Hi I am Danny and I am the MD of Autodan LTD. I have had my own business for 25 years now. Our Business is a large independent garage in Hampshire, we have recently added Re-mapping to our business for both performance and economy.
    I am also a Car Producer for Endemol Shine North and have helped produce Supercarmegabuild for National Geographic and Ali A’s Superchargers for CBBC.

#148138 Reply

Hi Dan, thanks for registering and welcome to the GW forums. Your TV credentials sound intriguing! What involvement did you have exactly and how did it come about?

#148181 Reply
    AUTODAN LIMITED
    Participant

A Friend of mine is the MD of Endemol Shine North and he needed someone he could trust to help them with the first series of Supercarmegabuild so he called on me. Essentially I project manage the car builds, source the suppliers and contractors for the builds, source the cars,give technical advice, help come up with storylines and even do some stunt driving. I guess I did a good enough job as since then I have helped with 3 other shows for them.

#148667 Reply
    Leon Thomas

I like how ‘stunt driving’ was thrown in there, real casual!

#148670 Reply
    James Clayton
    Participant

Hi All James Director at Clayton’s MOT with a vast array of experience in the motor industry starting at 12 years old with my Dad. 30 years on I now fill his shoes in the company he founded with my sister. Not so much a spanner monkey these days but more of a lap top monkey, the joys of technology. I’m a qualified Bosch master tech and part of the BCS network since 2003, a passion for motor sport and a part time role in the pit lane in the ELMS keep’s a waning passion for cars alive.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: Introduce yourself

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.