Wiper blade specialist, TRICO has published guidance for blade replacement.
- When replacing wipers, always remove the old wipers and then thoroughly clean the screen before fitting new ones.
- Pay particular attention to the top and bottom of the sweep areas as dirt collects here.
- If not cleaned, this dirt will immediately contaminate new wipers.
- If the vehicle is fitted with conventional blades, consider offering the customer an upgrade to modern beam blades using a retro-fit hook option, this gives them the best in performance and styling by upgrading them to the latest technology.
- Remember, sometimes the new blades you are fitting may install with a different method to either the OE blade and/or the existing aftermarket blade you are replacing.
- Never force a blade into place, if it does not appear to fit then check the fitting instructions.
TRICO has videos available on YouTube for all ranges to assist with this – simply scan the QR code on the product packaging to access them or type in TRICO Europe on YouTube.
Follow TRICO on Twitter to also access useful fitting videos.