The new Silbertool® external thread reform tool range from Sykes-Pickavant is an innovative solution for reforming external threads without cutting.
- Allows original parts to be reused rather than replaced.
- Works on all types of thread including metric, ﬁne and imperial with compatible rollers.
- No external energy source is required; process is completed by hand.
- Threads aren’t weakened during the reforming process; cold hardening leaves the thread 39 per cent harder than those which have been cut.
- Threads reformed with the Silbertool withstand the same static and dynamic loads as a new undamaged thread, with a higher fatigue endurance limit.
- The ﬁnished surface is smoother than if cut which reduces the chance of corrosion and improves thread lifespan.
For further information about Sykes-Pickavant click “more details” below.