BREAKING: Six-month MOT exemption to end 1 August, DVSA announces

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat BREAKING: Six-month MOT exemption to end 1 August, DVSA announces

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

The Department for Transport announced that the 6-month MOT exemption for cars, vans and motorcycles introduced during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outb
    [See the full post at: BREAKING: Six-month MOT exemption to end 1 August, DVSA announces]

#197683 Reply
    Adam

If my car ran out of MOT in May 2020. Does this still still apply to me or is my MOT still covered until November 2020?
    Thank you.

#197758 Reply
    Aaron Bailey

Cars, motorcycles and vans with an MOT expiry date before 1 August 2020 are still eligible for a six-month extension

#197759 Reply
    andrew michael carter

I have a question; when the 6 month extension expires, and the 5 million cars that will be added to the usual number needing a test is passed, will it be issued with a 6 month ticket, or a 12 month ticket?
    If it is 12, then every year for the next 4 years (as virtually no new cars were registered in April, May and June of this year) MOT stations will have the same problem of 3 months with nothing to do, and 3 months of double workload. I can see no logic in not issuing a 6 month ticket, this was about reducing Covid 19 infection while cars were not being used, rather than anything else surely? My suspicion is this wont happen, but I would be interested to hear the reasoning behind not issuing a 6 month ticket to put everything back in line. That said, having read the reasoning behind stopping them in the first place
    “MOT testing was suspended during the COVID-19 pandemic as a temporary measure to enable vital services to continue, frontline workers to get to work, and people to get essential food and medicine”???? what? How would stopping the need for a safety check help this? I have no faith in logic prevailing, but fingers crossed someone with some common sense will act for the independent garage industry, for once.

#197760 Reply
    Dougal
    #197877 Reply
    Graham Cox

y

#197990 Reply
    Richard parker

This is a very concerning issue going into next April/may/June/July,as there will be no furlough scheme and grant system in place to support MOT stations. Leaving the industry in a vulnerable position. Hopefully common sense is applied and vehicles when tested revert back to their original expiry date.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: BREAKING: Six-month MOT exemption to end 1 August, DVSA announces

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.