Charity worker fuming after donated van fails its MOT

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat Charity worker fuming after donated van fails its MOT

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

A charity worker has been left fuming after a donated van failed its MOT.

[See the full post at: Charity worker fuming after donated van fails its MOT]

#170864 Reply
    Andrew

Ungrateful….Rust is nothing that can’t be fixed, for them to say they “no longer want the van” shows how much gratitude they had for it in the first place.

#170867 Reply
    clive

I will Have It If You Are That Ungrateful You Should Get Nothing Donated In Future

#170905 Reply
    ASC Engineering

If one has been in the motor industry long enough and know the Ford Transit (especially if it’s twenty-two years old) will tell you that, not only does it rust, it rots.

Some times we are all very quick to judge.

#171201 Reply
    Matthew Pipe

Look at that Womans compo face !!

Its disgusting that they try to humiliate a genuine guy who was trying to help a charity. He offered to pay for all the work and they refused asking for the cash instead. I hope all their donations dry up.

#171218 Reply
    Phil Reynolds

ALSO AGREE ,SOMEPEOPLE CAN’T BE HELPED :[

#171351 Reply
    Steph Savill

I see her point of view. She isn’t a mechanic. She was given a van that she expected to be roadworthy. The programme is called ‘Do The Right Thing’. I wouldn’t donate a vehicle to a charity that wasn’t roadworthy or safe without explaining faults in advance. She probably works as a volunteer. She spoke her mind. The Secret Millionaire probably didn’t know the van was a rust bucket either. But I’m heartened that he agreed to either ensure the charity gets a safe van for their good work or the financial equivalent. I was sad to see Clive, Andrew, Matthew and Phil being so quick to judge against her. Have a heart guys.

#171390 Reply
    Dougal

Bearing in mind that this is a trade website it would have been interesting to know what items were failed at MOT.

Poor journalism !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: Charity worker fuming after donated van fails its MOT

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.