Dealer gets £14K fine for selling clocked Audi Q7

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat Dealer gets £14K fine for selling clocked Audi Q7

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years ago by Minde Reich.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

An Oldham car dealer has been told to pay more than £14,000 after selling a clocked car. Oldham Council’s Trading Standards Department launched an inv
    [See the full post at: Dealer gets £14K fine for selling clocked Audi Q7]

#192715 Reply
    Tom

How about trading standards/the courts issue a real fine, one that will really deter these kind of dishonest traders from doing it in the first place..

#192834 Reply
    lawrence wells

Mileage discrepancies are common, many the result of mot testers putting incorrect information in to dvla. from what I can read this guy bought it as warranted mileage from the auction. What is due diligence, if the auction warranted the mileage then the liability should be with them. I don’t know if this trader is a straight or dodgy but I can sympathise with him

#192835 Reply
    Lawrence Wells

Mileage discrepancies are common, most the result of mot testers inputing incorrect information when testing. If the auction warranted the mileage the liability should be with them. I don’t know this trader but I can sympathise with him.

#193213 Reply
    Minde Reich

This case went to the court and it shows how desperate this trader is in fooling everyone. Now he fooled himself. Car auctions do make aware all traders if mileage discrepancies are noted and the self-respecting trader would not offer a clocked car to anyone.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: Dealer gets £14K fine for selling clocked Audi Q7

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.