DVSA outlines changes to MOT policy

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat DVSA outlines changes to MOT policy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

The DVSA has updated its COVID-19 temporary policy for inspection procedures, test certificates and viewing areas. In a special notice released earlie
    [See the full post at: DVSA outlines changes to MOT policy]

#198368 Reply
    andrew carter

Can anybody tell me if the MOT’s we issue in Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan to cars that have been MOT ‘furloughed’ for 6 months will be valid for 6 months or 12 months. I see no reason why they shouldn’t be issued with a six month ticket, but despite this being the obvious solution for returning our hard hit industry to normal, I have heard nothing to confirm it?

#198623 Reply
    jim profit

Andrew, you should be happy to be back at work and not thinking of screwing over the hard up motorists who are getting enough of a screwing with rip off petrol prices even though oil prices are at an all time low, dealerships will also be trying to milk them for all they can get out of them, road tax, etc….

#199051 Reply
    TREVOR WITTING

we run 2 full time test bays, average 22-24 tests per day between them, I’ve already altered our testing hours on the dvsa site, and will be offering mot’s between 6am and 10pm, as well as a drop and leave service where no appointments are available, I have a fleet of courtesy cars lined up ready to go for customers that we cannot get in at their desired times.

the workshop will also be busy, as there will be a lot of cars that have been untouched for 18 months, and a lot of our customers have services at the time of test, theres gonna be some big bonuses for my guys

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: DVSA outlines changes to MOT policy

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.