In pictures: Six-month MOT extension hitting garages hard

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat In pictures: Six-month MOT extension hitting garages hard

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Stuart borthwick

I own an independent garage in Leicester, I’m the main tester averaging 10 tests a day, if I test a car and give it a pass ,,, shall we say a couple of tyres are take your pick on advise or fail because their so boarder line , or brake pads same scenario,, as a tester I could be in serious trouble for making the wrong decision if DVSA paid a visit and wanted to inspect the car and their opinion was different to mine,, the government has given 6 months MOT and they haven’t even ‘’SEEN’’ the car !!! How can this be acceptable????
    Also the national average failure rate which has been very stable since computerisation has dropped about 6% also the national average time per test has dropped 7 minutes , Never seen results like these before.what do these figures tell you ?? Seems to me testers have lost all confidence and think why the hell should I bother
    Me personally my average is 1% higher on failure rate and 2 minutes longer on average time per test for April , 56 tests carried out , trying to keep my business afloat and people’s sons ,daughters mothers fathers and so on safe on the streets

#194984 Reply
    mark mitchell
    Participant

i just tested a audi sports this morning the 2 front tyres were down to the wire i also did renault megane on wednesday with a front tyre through too the wire and the bottom ball joint hanging off it this is just getting crazy there are going too kill someone before they take any notice

#195077 Reply
    Nick cox

This is another example of government incompentence, some suited twat sat behind a desk with no common sense.
    Extend by a few weeks yes, but 6 months for a 12 month period !!!! Fucking brain dead.

#195267 Reply
    Matthew B

You can now get a bounce back loan. I applied and I came into my bank account the very next day. No repayments for twelve months, 0%interest for twelve months then just 2.5% interest for the next five years. Even new businesses can get it

#195271 Reply
    Ray Law Motor Engineers Ltd

It’s not us who need to see these photos it’s the dvsa team who gave the 6 month MOT extension ,White shirt wally’s

#195277 Reply
    Gary Brown

The extension apart from obvious road worthiness implications is a kick in the teeth for the struggling businesses in these bad times.I don’t think it has been thought through very well at all.It needs reviewing as there are garages ready and willing to keep the MOT service running!

#196128 Reply
    Paul Howes

No we want safe cars on the road and to be able to pay our staff hope you can afford not to be working or you are probably on the dole and this does not affect you.

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: In pictures: Six-month MOT extension hitting garages hard

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.