Kwik Fit quote student over £600 to repair non-existent air-con machine

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat Kwik Fit quote student over £600 to repair non-existent air-con machine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Leon Thomas

Kwik Fit provided a student with a £685 air-conditioning quote, despite the vehicle not even being fitted with the machine. Stevie Stowell, a student[See the full post at: Kwik Fit quote student over £600 to repair non-existent air-con machine]

#151859 Reply
    jim walker

Mmmmmmmm, diagnosed an air con problem, they must be brilliant or have magical powers or as I suspect are just a bunch of no good useless con artists, full of bull poo, as are most of the fast fit fraternity.

#151864 Reply
    Martin

The issue being that the staff are not adequately trained/qualified, some struggle to change light bulbs and batteries and seemingly cannot understand the diagnostic equipment they use. I note their recent announcement to offer a DPF cleaning service, irrespective of who the 3rd party is they still have to remove and replace the things and its not just about clamping the unit back on again!

#151869 Reply
    Joe Brookshaw

I had a customer who went in with a puncture repair and came out with a quote for£1600 was told car was not road worthy we at Brookshaw motors checked and carried out repairs to make it safe to be on the road for £220 ,they are a rip of ,the mechanics can earn up to £500 a month on bonus for selling parts not required I no this as a family member works at a fast fit firm which I won’t name

#151870 Reply
    Peter Miles
    Participant

I could fill this page with stories of things I’ve personally dealt with caused by quick-fits. Why anyone would ever to go to them, apart from tyres, is just beyond me.

#151872 Reply
    mercedes

i was phoned by a customer on day he had put his car in for a oil and filter change then i would not start the car is still on there ramp the muppets had went in with a scanner and turned off his immobiliser on the car it would not start all you had to do was reinigalise the the system they did not have a clue and when i handed them a bill for this they were less than impressed but it was there blunder they should not off been in that system all they had to do was reset the oil light but is was a manually set that is how much they new

#151874 Reply
    Peter davidson

Really!!!! There is no way you can misdiagnose a car without air con fitted. This is another blatant lie by a company that lies, cheats and encourages its staff to lie, cheat and deceive the public. My only possible explanation is they employee complete idiots who do not know what an air con system is. As a garage owner, these guys are destroying our credibility, one thinks another visit to TV to show how bad they are. I encourage the owner of the car to report and prosecute this garage for fraud and deception. PLEASE do not let them off the hook !!!

#151884 Reply
    Danny Trigg

I like how they try and pass the butt to the suppliers ““Unfortunately it was not picked up when we got a price for the part from our supplier, it would usually be flagged if a particular vehicle doesn’t require the part in question” – They cannot even take responsibility for there actions very poor

#151893 Reply
    Rob

Kwik fit in widnes told my sister in law she needed new shocks all round but my brother smelled a rat as they had been replaced less than 12 months earlier with performance parts. On inspection there was nothing wrong with them. Seems they Saw woman driver and tried to take her to the cleaners.

#151900 Reply
    Neil Skuse

Why anybody in their right minds would use these inept and clueless centres is beyond believe.
    The industry is fully aware how these branches make their wages.upselling to their customers.
    Not to mention the quality of work.
    The public are their own worst enemy as they keep going back for more.

#152834 Reply
    anthony roe

I totally agree with you, blaming their suppliers now well exactly who are your suppliers than kwik fit lets have it, total lies we know all about you as you have been on watchdog not once but twice yet still trading standards still will not take you on or vosa come to that but if i did that in my independant garage i would be shut down immediately, yes why do the public keep going back there spending their hard earned money on things that they just don’t need, perhaps the only way to stop it is for the authorities to do some test purchasing just like they do to the independant garages, this will not happen because some of this powers to be actually sit on Kwick fits board of directors and this is why they get away with it time and time again, the only way is for the public to listen and stop using them so they cant upsell their grime to anyone anymore then hopefully they eventually run out of money to peddle there grime and just go bust but i doubt that will happen

#152862 Reply
    sandy

any mechanic who has half a brain would spot that the car didnt have air con simply by looking on the dashboard and seeing that there isnt a a/c button. failing that when you do diagnostics you would check whether the belt was on and the clutch is engaging on the air con pump and whether it was gased up. total con merchants. we independant garages urge the public to stay away from kwick fit

#152897 Reply
    Wendy

They did me over when I was a slip of a lass. I knew they were doing it but I was stuck miles from home. I’ll never ever go back. One of our mechanics used to work for them and he told us about the bonuses and practice of upselling that they all have to do there. This is why he works for us and not them. We have also paid for him to do courses to bring his work up to standard. He is currently doing his level 3.

#153588 Reply
    steve ward

i am wardog

#222912 Reply
    Tony Francis

My ex wife went to KWIK FITS for and exhaust on her small kia which cost £380, and was told her suspension was going to expand?? and quoted her £225. So smelling a rat booked in for MOT at another station and she was told, “ALL IS OK WITH SUSPENSION “, And said Kwik Fit LIED!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: Kwik Fit quote student over £600 to repair non-existent air-con machine

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.