Latest petition for industry licencing is still long way off target despite widespread calls

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat Latest petition for industry licencing is still long way off target despite widespread calls

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Philip Dunmore

Until vehicle owners are forced to have maintenance done by licensed tech’s or workshops, licensing will have no value. The two need to go hand in hand. Not sure I would welcome it. Our current business model means we get better quality customers, legislation could force poor quality customers our way.
    Fixing the MOT fee may help, maybe.

#170205 Reply
    John

Licensing has shown it achieves very little, look at the government instigated part P leglislation for electricians. Things still go wrong. Some of the best mechanics I have known had no formal training or qualification. I have met PhDs who don’t know the safe end of a screwdriver. Where does that leave you? For that matter I know of a main dealer whose service department told me they knew nothing about cars, I asked if they were doing a college course to learn more, Oh no, I was told I didn’t need to know anything. That sort of company would sail through qualifications!

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: Latest petition for industry licencing is still long way off target despite widespread calls

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.