Main dealer forgets to secure axle after replacing engine on customer’s car

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat Main dealer forgets to secure axle after replacing engine on customer’s car

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

A Ford main dealer has been criticised after workshop technicians forgot to fully reinstall an axle on a customer’s car. The Ford Mondeo was driven 35
    [See the full post at: Main dealer forgets to secure axle after replacing engine on customer’s car]

#180622 Reply
    Eddie Bamber

For a professional ‘magazine’ you should get the facts of the story before printing it. Ford Mondeos do not have a ‘front axle’, they have a subframe to which everything is bolted. The owner said the wheel fell off, that’s a bit different to the whole ‘axle’. It is still serious I admit, but any more of these unsubstantiated stories, I will no longer read Garage Wire.

#180625 Reply
    Philip Dunmore

Well said Eddie, no response from author yet.

#180626 Reply
    Taz

Everything seems to be exaggerated
    This day and age!!

#180900 Reply

Hi Eddie, thanks for your comment – I appreciate your concern. Wherever possible we check facts before publishing and in cases where facts cannot be substantiated we’ll make this clear in the article. In this case, we were only able to report on the story based on the original media coverage in The Sun. Now that we’re aware of the technicalities we have updated the article. Please accept my apologies and understand that your readership is valued. We’ll continue to do our best to fully substantiate facts.

#181431 Reply
    Eddie Bamber

Ha…ha…..The Sun !. That’s the most reviled newspaper in this country. Where there’s no story they invent one. They printed a vile story about a friend of mine who died and caused great distress to his family.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: Main dealer forgets to secure axle after replacing engine on customer’s car

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.