New tyre labelling to be introduced from May

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat New tyre labelling to be introduced from May

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

A new tyre labeling system designed to help motorists understand how well tyres perform, especially for fuel efficiency and grip in the wet, is to be
    [See the full post at: New tyre labelling to be introduced from May]

#211590 Reply
    Meat

Still going to be

“ I have no money, just fit the cheapest one you have”

So not going to matter.

Or the car will be a 1975 ford capri with limited choice

#211595 Reply
    Andrew White

So your telling me reducing the numbers of bars from 7 to 5 is going to make all the difference. What another joke for the motor trade.
    Even better idea, just remove budget tyres from the equation and keep more cars on the road, other road users and pedestrians safer. Budget tyres should be banned the same as remoulds on trucks.

#212044 Reply
    William Anderson

Gone are the days when I would consider all aspects of tyre choice. Now with our roads in the present condition, with unbelievably deep potholes; driving in the dark, particularly when raining, is a nightmare. I run 3 cars, and fit mid-range tyres and drive accordingly. Moreover the CC highways, actually admit to using top dressing of unusually large and sharp edge material, and also admit that they rely on the traffic to bed down. Broken windscreens and chipped paintwork abound.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: New tyre labelling to be introduced from May

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.