Opinion: Why the Tory win could be good for UK’s automotive industry

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat Opinion: Why the Tory win could be good for UK’s automotive industry

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mike Hawes, the chief executive of the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT), welcomed the new Tory government with an immediate request t
    [See the full post at: Opinion: Why the Tory win could be good for UK’s automotive industry]

#189718 Reply
    Epicyclic

This analysis is flawed at just about every level. Johnson is not Thatcher, and this is 2020 not 1980.

It was Thatcher who instigated the European single market based on principles of political ideology.

Johnson however has set himself up against the European single market on the basis of his own personal political ambition.

It is well established that all forms of Brexit make us poorer. We now just have to wait to see how much poorer the antics of Johnson’s government will make us.

With Greta Thunberg’s star rising, the pretence that we are somehow at dawn of a new golden age for the UK automotive industry is akin to those who proclaim the earth is flat – quite possibly well intentioned, yet demonstrably untrue.

#189802 Reply
    Dougal

I am surprised that there is only one previous post.
    I am not a rabid Brexiteer, when David Cameron went to Brussels to discuss our concerns I was hopeful that a more flexible and enlightened version of the EU would result. However his concerns were totally ignored.
    Mr Johnson now has sufficient majority to negotiate from a strong position. I am hopeful that we will continue to have some links with the EU family, perhaps as a cousin not a brother.
    Either way that is preferable to a future as a servant of the German/French dictatorship.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: Opinion: Why the Tory win could be good for UK’s automotive industry

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.