Petition calls for industry support and action plan to correct ongoing effects of last year’s six-month MOT exemption

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat Petition calls for industry support and action plan to correct ongoing effects of last year’s six-month MOT exemption

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

A new petition calling for a government action plan and financial support for garage businesses suffering from a significant drop in workloads has so
    [See the full post at: Petition calls for industry support and action plan to correct ongoing effects of last year’s six-month MOT exemption]

#212731 Reply
    Zoe Parton

Add my name to the petition please, fully support it. As stated MOT centers are struggling to survive this very difficult time. We are no exception. As a business we are usually in full flow Mon-Fri, these past few months have seen a dramatic drop in foot fall. Can we make it, time will tell.

#212732 Reply
    Steve Baxter

Please add my name to the petition please

#212733 Reply

Hi Zoe, Steve, thanks for your comments. You’ll need to add your own names to the petition, which can be found here: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/585533?fbclid=IwAR0TLVOYh3vANYBbcu_wc_PeHZfAQHU3OzK1iHYH2NoHoGpcVYS60chNXIg

#212734 Reply
    Jo Gibbons

Signed

#212735 Reply
    belinda teasdale

Have signed and shared this petition public
    I agree that something needs to be done
    May 2021 has been the worst month for us that I can remember

#212736 Reply
    Davina Willis

I fully support this, please add my name to the petition.
    Davina Willis

#212739 Reply
    John white

Petition signed. MOT’s have dramatically been affected, I’ve furloughed my main tester, and I’m carrying out what tests I have myself .
    Next year the furlough scheme will not be in place, and financially will be worse position, .
    As for the government asking the public to bring their MOT forward , you have got to be joking!!

#212741 Reply
    wj warwick

add me

#212740 Reply
    Mike But

Let mot test centres charge the true cost of carrying out the full test and stop discounting you cannot go to different post offices and get cheaper road tax.The test price has not risen for almost ten years no other industries have been made to hold their prices for that length of time.UNFAIR?

#212835 Reply
    Steve

My vehicle repair business with a staff of six is experiencing a significant reduction in turnover due to the MOT extension scheme, and yet the agent for my council landlord has just announced an increase in my commercial rent of 40% – an attempt to recover money paid out in grants and relief to local businesses.

I don’t expect handouts, but this is not the way to encourage businesses to continue to trade.

#213368 Reply
    Steve Baxter

Signed

#214138 Reply
    Richard

Giving the MOT extensions was one thing to help with Covid but can’t see why they couldn’t have retained the original expiry date’s though.!!!!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: Petition calls for industry support and action plan to correct ongoing effects of last year’s six-month MOT exemption

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.