Reader email: What happened to the promised reduction in small business rates?

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat Reader email: What happened to the promised reduction in small business rates?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Roger Hannant of R H Motor Services in Norfolk writes to GW to find out if other independent garages are benefiting from a promised reduction in small
    [See the full post at: Reader email: What happened to the promised reduction in small business rates?]

#193412 Reply
    Mr John Hayward

I have had the same fight with the council with them refusing any retail relief. I do however not sell cars, we are just garage repairs and serving.
    I have a rateable value of £26000.
    In my correspondence with he council they would not even tell me why I was not retail, just that I was industrial and I should except that.
    After quite a bit of research I managed to find out that it might be because of the B2 planning codes, but never got it confirmed.
    I did however find a dozen or so councils that are including vehicle repair workshops in their retail relief scheme, so it will depend on where your business is located.
    With the current crises it is even more of a blow as we will not be entitled to the free rates for a year, or any of the grant money announced.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: Reader email: What happened to the promised reduction in small business rates?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.