Rise of fake parts sees TMD Friction develop new ways to fight back

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat Rise of fake parts sees TMD Friction develop new ways to fight back

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kate Thompson

TMD Friction has revealed that it is continuing to fight back against fake parts amid reports of a rise in the number of fake components entering the
    [See the full post at: Rise of fake parts sees TMD Friction develop new ways to fight back]

#181180 Reply
    Pete

I’ve seen plenty of counterfeits, and nearly every case has been on customer supplied parts. Premium brands are of course more likely to be faked as they command a higher revenue but I’ve seen replica of brands less well established too. Not fitting customer supplied parts has i
    eradicated the issue and should it ever rear its head you have recourse through your supplier.
    Why anyone still chooses to fit boxes of customer supplied eBay toffee is beyond me, you deem it “fit for purpose“ by fitting it, it’s on your head and yours alone.

#181184 Reply
    Brad

I agree with Pete.
    The only time i have ever seen spurious parts has been when a customer has asked us to fit their own parts.
    We have not fitted customers parts for some years now, and although some may say that it is lost work, I see it as a bullet dodged.
    What many garages fail to realise is that even if you do not supply the parts, you are legally liable and must guarantee any part you fit, wherever and whomever it comes from.

#181188 Reply
    Philip Kerkham

The legal side to repairing is a minefield one good reason to be thinking of giving up the job ! For a sole trader all my assets are at risk .Take care of who you work for you need to be able to trust them both to pay and not play the blame game !

#181242 Reply
    Peter Miles

I have to agree with the posts above, do not fit customer supplied parts! You’re still going to be expected to sort things out if they don’t, don’t work or simply are unfit for purpose. The only reason a customer will do that is to save money so you already know they’ve bought cheapest parts possible. They may be fake or they may just be rubbish but, if you value your livelihood don’t do it!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: Rise of fake parts sees TMD Friction develop new ways to fight back

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.