Speed limiting tech to become mandatory for vehicles sold in Europe from 2022

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat Speed limiting tech to become mandatory for vehicles sold in Europe from 2022

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mark Hughes
    Keymaster

Speed limiting technology looks set to become mandatory for all vehicles sold in Europe from 2022, after new rules were provisionally agreed by the EU
    [See the full post at: Speed limiting tech to become mandatory for vehicles sold in Europe from 2022]

#174023 Reply
    Bryce

Hi i am bryce, i currently work as a mechanic. Often we get customers in asking about various engine faults that to be able to replicate the faulf some times the style of driving is not normal, i dont mean exccessive speed.
    I do think in some ways it could help road injuries but it wont stop drink drivers, uninsured/taxed or un-roadworthy cars being on the road.
    Also i would think a great number of taxi drivers would not appriciate the limmiting factors but as they deliver a “public” service then it is definatly a good idea.
    The biggest problem i see is new car sales will drop, older car sales will increase. You cant force people to buy something they dont want.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: Speed limiting tech to become mandatory for vehicles sold in Europe from 2022

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.