Thousands of MOT testers face suspension, DVSA warns as training and assessment deadline nears

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat Thousands of MOT testers face suspension, DVSA warns as training and assessment deadline nears

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years ago by lee sibley.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

More than 30,000 MOT testers are yet to complete their annual training and assessment, official DVSA figures show. With just over a month to go until
    [See the full post at: Thousands of MOT testers face suspension, DVSA warns as training and assessment deadline nears]

#191807 Reply
    Gary

I’m so glad I don’t carry out mots anymore after becoming a breakdown patrol 3 years ago. It lost its magic for me when they got rid of the pass, fail advise. Was so simple but it had got so confusing. I also thought the one day refreshers they used to do At a training centre was much better than this current system. Just my 2p worth

#191808 Reply
    Dougal

Well said Gary.

Only 45 days to the tenth anniversary of the current maximum test fee of £54.85.
    In that period your local MP has had a 25% pay rise.
    Is every MOT Tester and Authorised Examiner happy about that ?

#191812 Reply
    Karl Hardaker

Great to see that finally the industry is assessing the capabilities of its testers. The down side is that the many incapable, unqualified ones can sit with a room full of testers/mates to complete the online open book assessment. How hard can it be? What a joke. I worked for a College in Huddersfield that handed out level three qualifications like sweeties for a small cost, even those on benefits got qualified, due to corrupt managers and staff, nobody gave a flying. Including DVSA/VOSA as it was then. Many of these taxi drivers gained MOT status and have no f—ing idea or skills. DVSA needs to assess harder to weed out the motor trade cancer to protect the public against these people that have a licence to print money and kill people.

#192765 Reply
    lee sibley

Covig-15
    You may find yourself suddenly having to look after elderly neighbours or family
    Will the DVSA be extending the cut off time for 2019 / 2020 training and assesment in view of the Covig -19 virus and the extraordinary situation that we are all in or will they be taking away a persons ability to support his family, friends and neighbours.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: Thousands of MOT testers face suspension, DVSA warns as training and assessment deadline nears

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.