Trade body warns garages of reoccurring tyre scam following reported cases in Manchester

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat Trade body warns garages of reoccurring tyre scam following reported cases in Manchester

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

The Independent Garage Association (IGA) has warned it’s members of a reoccurring tyre scam which has most recently hit Manchester.

Find details of the scam and how to avoid being a target here…
    [See the full post at: Trade body warns garages of reoccurring tyre scam following reported cases in Manchester]

#169037 Reply
    LAWRENCE WELLS

This scam happened to me 3 years ago, i was on to it quickly and reported it to the police in Shrewsbury whilst it was still going on. They did nothing, even refusing to follow the taxi that was at my garage on its way to the criminals with tyres on board (we didnt send them when the plod drove off without doing anything). Several other local garages were had and it was up to me to phone around and warn people. It is no surprise that this is still going on, the police are not bothered with catching real criminals even when they are given them on a plate. Shame on them

#169041 Reply
    Daniel Wakeling

Happened where I used to work, Set of Pirellis for a X5 (Runflats) Paid over the phone and collected by taxi, taxi ended up going to a lockup in Brum!

#169749 Reply
    Anthony Roe

I am shocked to see somebody running a garage cn fall for this nonsense it makes me question and ask do you really have the brains to run a proper repair garage where you do everything from a service , engine replacements,Including repapping etc etc , no wonder the garage industry has such a bad name and reputation until we rid these clowns from our trade it is never going to improve and none are our profit margins are ever going to improve, i say this as this is the second time i have been back to this industry as vehicles are my passion and its in my blood but i have operated and run several businesses and The Garage Trade has to be the lowest profit margins of most businesses out there so until they regulate us with more and more spot checks are carried out the rouges out there will be allowed to carry on doing there dodgy work, and as for the comment above from Lawrence Wells i totally agree with you The police do not give a flying f…k unless it is one of their hand shakers, like bailiffs,or any government body worker they are just not interested so when poor old mrs smith that is getting burgled the police do not even turn up they want you to report it online via their website what good is that the stuff is sold on by then and if they do catch the burglar where is the evidence to get a prosecution this country is starting to make me feel ill to the pit of my stomach they are cutting back money in the wrong places time for the Mr Beat Bobby to return i think, a good clip around the ear hole would sort a lot of this day to day petty crime crap out , its always the working class that suffers from this lazy work ethic that is out there these days and they say crime does not pay well you could have fooled me.

#170158 Reply
    Philip Dunmore

Anthony, might we have been twins separated at birth! Couldn’t agree more. Especially about some of the clowns running garages badly. Who would sell loose tyres anyway?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: Trade body warns garages of reoccurring tyre scam following reported cases in Manchester

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.