Vast majority of part worn tyre retailers failing to meet legal requirements

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat Vast majority of part worn tyre retailers failing to meet legal requirements

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

The majority of tyre retailers investigated by Tyresafe have been found to be selling tyres illegally. Of the 250 retailers investigated in the past f
    [See the full post at: Vast majority of part worn tyre retailers failing to meet legal requirements]

#199509 Reply

As an mot tester I have seen many cars presented for a re test with part worns fitted that have have not met the requirements ie fitted not in accordance of sidewall instruction. Eggs splits down to chords perished because the tyre was 14 years old and believe it or not actually having less tread than the tyres that failed. The mind boggles. Part worns should be banned.

#199508 Reply
    peter waltham

as a part worn dealer for the last 30yrs I find your comments in the article of part worn tyres laughable, bubblegum, rubber gloves really, we all know where tyresafe is coming from part of the old reactionary guard that think they have a divine right to the tyre market exclusively, go back 20 to 25yrs and see their thoughts on lowlife independent wholesalers and the abomination of main agents having the ordacity of selling tyres.If tyresafe were really interested in public safety they would be arranging courses for the trade on proper fitting and perhaps teaching national chains not oversell items and services to the public

#199994 Reply
    Eddie Bamber

When I was selling part worn tyres, I got a lit of mine from the local car breakers yard from accident damaged vehicles. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the tyres and each one was thoroughly inspected by me before purchase and again once removed from the wheel. After all, my wife and children could be in the car running on those tyres or somebody else’s. I have a conscience. Unfortunately though, as with any trade, you get the more unscrupulous people who are just out to make a quick buck. We’ve said it before, but there needs to be more licensing of mechanics, tyre fitters etc., within the motor trade and it should be illegal for anyone to run a business without the proper certification.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: Vast majority of part worn tyre retailers failing to meet legal requirements

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.