With Automechanika almost upon us, it got me thinking about how many of my peers might be visiting the show for the first time so I thought it might be helpful to jot down a few pointers based on my experience.
For those who have an appetite for learning, it’s the perfect chance to engage directly with manufacturers, to ask questions and provide your feedback.
With around 500 companies vying for your attention, it can become overwhelming but this is an important one to attend.
With a little forward thinking and timely planning to make the most out of the opportunity, you’ll come away with fresh inspiration and technical knowledge that will help you to propel your career forwards.
Craig’s Automechanika tips
- Research, visit the Automechanika website and browse through the companies in attendance.
- Register in advance, Automechanika offer free entry to delegates and there’s complimentary breakfast and parking too!
- Set yourself goals and objectives to get the most out of the event.
- Arrive early, use the directory to map your route around. Take a looks at the seminar schedule, and mark the ones of interest and set time notifications on your phone to allow yourself plenty of time to get seated in time.
- Dress smart-casual. A smart appearance bodes well in representing your organisation but you’ll want to comfortable too – it will be a busy day.
- Don’t forget your business cards!
- Don’t by shy in collecting brand literature. It makes for an excellent point of reference to look back on following the event.
- Don’t be shy in stepping forwards to collect the freebies and enter stand competitions either!
- Sign up to supplier newsletters, these often provide useful information.
- Network and make connections with other like-minded people in our industry.
Garage of the Year 2018
I had the pleasure of attending Automechanika last year, I applied these methods and planned my visit in advance to co-ordinate around the award ceremony for Garage of the Year in which my company, Philips Garage Limited, accomplished second place ahead of eleven other worthy candidates.
Awards such as this are important to the automotive repair industry, bestowing appreciation to deserving, trustworthy garages and allowing customers to identify reputable industry professionals.
Garage of the Year has become an annual initiative providing recognition to independent garages who offer exceptional customer service to communities UK wide.
This year has seen the competition expand to six categories consisting of Best Small Garage, Best Large Garage, Best Community Initiative Award, Technology Innovation Award, Business Innovation Award and Auto Mechanik of the Year which I am delighted to be personally shortlisted to win.
We look forward to attending Automechanika in addition to announcement of this year’s winners, extending congratulations to all those shortlisted for the accolades and offering special thanks to the judges who are tasked with the difficult job of selecting of the winning candidates.
Register for your free Automechanika Birmingham tickets by clicking ‘more details’ below – garages also benefit from free parking and breakfast.