Since 1999 ECE R90 regulations have enforced comparative benchmark testing of aftermarket brake pads and shoes against the OE equivalent – this is now being extended to brake discs and drums.
For heavy commercial vehicles over 3.5 tonnes or passenger cars with more than eight seats, this has been in place since 2014 and the requirement for passenger cars and light commercial is coming next.
In a press release, Blue Print has announced that it is “ahead” of ECE R90 regulation changes, stating that any of its discs or drums which fit a new vehicle launched from January 2017 will have full R90 approval and meet the required standards.
Blue Print said: “The new ECE R90 rules, and their consistent enforcement, will help to improve road safety and make it harder for sub-par, poor quality discs to reach the market.
“Not all discs are created equal, but Blue Print’s three year, unlimited mileage guarantee highlights our confidence in the quality and fitment of such safety critical components.”
The Blue Print braking range has over 10,000 part numbers including discs, pads and sensors.
Precision casting and finish provides consistent quality and stable braking performance to guarantee long service life on braking components.
Popular braking applications in the Blue Print range include:
- ADN142117 – Front brake pads to fit: Nissan Micra K12, Note, NP200.
- ADN143112 – Front brake disc to fit: Nissan Micra K12 2002>2010, Note 2006>2013.
- ADT342155 – Front brake pads to fit: Toyota Aygo 1.0i, 1.4DT 2005>2014.
- ADM54248 – Rear brake pads to fit: Mazda 323, 6, 626, Premacy, RX7.
- ADT342133 – Front brake pads to fit: Toyota Corolla 1.4DT 2004>2007, 1.6i 2001>2007.
Find Blue Print’s braking range on Blue Print Live, sign in or register by selecting ‘more details’ below.