The latest GW reader challenge from Euro Academy’s technical helpline concerns a Ford C-Max 1.6-litre EcoBoost with problems in its heater fuel system.
A diagnostics scan revealed fault code B1D32 – multiple interruption of the flame during the heating cycle.
Auto Education Academy Solution
According to the Auto Education Academy, the issue is caused by defects in the fuel supply line of the additional heater.
Therefore, this technical note is only relevant to vehicles equipped with an additional heater.
Once the problem is identified, follow the repair procedure outlined below:
- Read the fault codes recorded by the auxiliary heater control unit (AHCM) using a diagnostic tool.
- Confirm that the fault code listed above is displayed and the symptoms match what you are seeing.
- Purge the additional heater fuel system.
- Check the condition of the fuel lines between the tank and the additional heater.
- Check for the presence of bubbles in the fuel line by using a transparent line.
- Check the condition of the fuel line adapter on the top part of the tank.
- Install a new fuel gauge if the condition of the line adapter is poor.
- Clear the fault codes recorded by the auxiliary heater control unit (AHCM) using a diagnostic tool.
The Auto Education Academy, Euro Car Parts’ training division, regularly issues technical bulletins to provide technicians across the country with crucial vehicle servicing information.
It forms part of Euro Car Parts’ commitment to the aftermarket industry, aiming to assist repairers in conducting high-quality work with the best information at hand.
Auto Education Academy membership grants technicians access to a technical helpline, providing troubleshooting, repair/diagnostics assistance and technical information for every vehicle make and model.
The Technical Helpline’s team of master technicians are equipped with a comprehensive database of diagnostic and technical issues, with up to 600 new cases added daily.
With access to repair manuals, circuit diagrams, parts catalogues and component locations for any vehicle, the team can handle a wide range of queries.
For further information, select ‘more details’ below.