Over 2000 delegates from the GROUPAUTO and UAN trading groups and the AutoCare, United Garage Services and Top Truck garage networks attended the two-day event at the Exhibition Centre Liverpool.
On Thursday 4th October, the Motor Factor Trade Show opened its doors to LV and CV member businesses from GROUPAUTO and UAN trading groups, many of whom had stayed over the night before and joined us at PanAm Bar on Albert Dock, for an informal buffet and drinks to get the event off to a good start.
Throughout the day, over 150 of the groups’ approved suppliers were exhibiting, running offers and competitions designed to entice the delegates to their stand.
There were also some exciting announcements made on the day; UAN member Thomson’s Motor Factors Ltd in Stirling won the Exopro Van Giveaway and GROUPAUTO member Millfield Autoparts won the runner-up prize of £100 BigDug vouchers.
The winners of the Bosch Grand Giveaways Florida Fly-drive were also announced; Saj Jessa from Millfield Autoparts and Dave Clarke from Autosupplies (Chesterfield) were the lucky winners. The winners were drawn on the day and announced on the Bosch stand.
Exhibitors went to great lengths to showcase their brand in elaborate and engaging ways; from magicians and interactive games to software demos and competitions.
This year the Stand of the Year award was presented to BM Catalysts for the impressive use of their stand space.
In the CV Zone, 47 commercial vehicle suppliers showcased what they have to offer to G-Truck and UAN Truck members.
On the CV LOGIX stand the team were promoting the special show offers and the TruckTEC Spin 2 Win prize wheel, where delegates had the chance to win numerous prizes including; Samsung Galaxy smart watches, pick-up truck racing tickets, coffee machines and TruckTEC branded apparel.
As the Motor Factor Trade Show closed, members made their way to the conference session whilst exhibitors made the necessary changes to their stand ready for the Garage Trade Show the following day.
Over 1200 delegates attended on Friday 5th October and the buzz around the hall was fantastic all day.
This was the first year that all three garage networks – AutoCare, United Garage Services and Top Truck – came together to experience the annual garage event. After the garage show, delegates made their way to the garage networks’ conference sessions where the regional garage awards were announced.
After the Garage Trade Show, over 730 guests attended the Gala Dinner and Awards ceremony which was held at the ACC Liverpool.
After a three-course dinner the annual awards were announced, before the evening was played out by tribute band 21st Century Swing.
- UK Trading Groups’ Supplier of the Year: Exol
- CV Suplier of the Year: CV Logix
- CV Logix Supplier of the Year: Haldex
- G-Truck Member of the Year: NE Truck Spares (NETS)
- UAN Truck Member of the Year: Partic Motor Spares
- GROUPAUTO LV Member of the Year (up to £3M purchases): GL Motor Factors
- GROUPAUTO LV Member of the Year (over £3M purchases): All Vehicle Parts
- UAN LV Member of the Year (up to £3M purchases): Car Parts Express
- UAN LV Member of the Year (over £3M purchases): Autosupplies Chesterfield
Garage networks awards
- United Garage Services Garage of the Year: Robert Thompson Garage Services
- United Garage Services Co-ordinator of the Year: Mark Bedford, Yorkshire Exhaust Specialists
- United Garage Services Co-ordinator of the Year runner up: Howard Loftus, Autosupplies Chesterfield
- AutoCare Garage of the Year: MH Vehicles Services
- AutoCare Co-ordinator of the Year: Steve Young, AT Johnson
- AutoCare Co-ordinator of the Year runner up: Mike Seers, Auto Battery Services
- Top Truck Workshop of the Year: Egertons Fleet Service
AutoCare regional garage winners
- South East: Station View Garage
- Midlands: MH Vehicle Services
- North East: JA Services, Rippon
- Northern Ireland: Sprint Auto Centre
- South: Joe’s Repair Shop
- South West: My Garage Emerson Green
- Wales: Rent-a-Tech Services
- East Anglia: Paradise Garage
- North West: Whitecroft Garage
- Scotland: Paul Bowers Motors
- Yorkshire: Black Brook Garage