Osram has confirmed that it is the exclusive lighting supplier for MetroSnap, the latest concept vehicle from Rinspeed, a Switzerland-based creative think tank famous for its vision.
It marks the fourth consecutive year that Osram has supported the Rinspeed concept vehicle with automotive lighting and sensing applications, helping to illuminate the future of driving.
The new Rinspeed concept vehicle will be unveiled for the first time in Osram’s CES booth 8516 in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
The electric MetroSnap vehicle has a unique swapping system that allows its chassis, known as a “skateboard,” to connect two different body types or “pods.”
Osram say its technologies will be critical in creating an autonomous world and shaping the third living space by using dynamic and human centric lighting, as well as biomonitoring and biometric applications enabled by infrared light sources.
Wolfgang Lex, vice president and general manager of automotive at Osram Opto Semiconductors, said: “Lighting will increasingly be at the center of the driving experience and Osram’s technologies will help usher in a new automotive future where cars are more than just a means of transportation, but also a place to relax, rejuvenate and work.”
OSRAM technology featured on Rinspeed MetroSnap
- Projected information and warning symbols for passengers and pedestrians.
- Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) technology.
- Intelligent display systems on the front and back of the vehicle, and even on windows.
- LED license plates.
- 3D facial recognition and palm recognition systems.
- Intelligent ambient lighting and human-centric lighting, specifically designed to make the ride more enjoyable and deliver critical safety features.
- In-cabin monitoring, which uses VCSEL (Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser) technology to scan MetroSnap’s cabin for forgotten objects and notifies passengers if something is left behind.
CES attendees can visit the Rinspeed interactive display at Osram’s booth, stand 8516 in the north hall, to learn more about the Osram-enabled applications featured in the MetroSnap concept vehicle.
For further information about OSRAM, select ‘more details’ below.