A motorist who was waiting in stationary traffic managed to cause an explosion in his car by lighting a cigarette after spraying air freshener.
Firefighters said he used “excessive” amounts of the aerosol scent before sparking up.
Despite the extensive damage to the car and nearby businesses, the driver escaped with only minor injuries.
Police said the incident in Halifax on Saturday “could’ve been worse” and warned people to follow safety advice.
West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of the “dramatic” incident was “excessive” air freshener use.
Share your comments below.