Decelerometer connected MOT rule comes into force next week

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat Decelerometer connected MOT rule comes into force next week

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

The DVSA is continuing its roll out of connected MOT equipment with a rule extension to cover decelerometers from 1 February 2020. Businesses buying a
    [See the full post at: Decelerometer connected MOT rule comes into force next week]

#190737 Reply
    Peter Miles

Still totally disgusted with these new rules. I was hoping to put my business on the market and retire soon (I will be 70 this year) but now I don’t see how I can simply because any new owner (and no doubt me in due course!) will need to invest many thousands of pounds into the business to keep testing. And don’t forget how many years it is since the permitted fee went up so no possibility of even hoping to cover the additional expenditure. But do we think the DVDSA care?

#190740 Reply
    Tim

This is extremely harsh on those of us who carry out proper MOT tests that we have to pay the price for frauds and crooks,maybe the dvsa should focus on hiring some staff to look into fraudulent matters quicker. All that will happen is garages won’t be able to afford the new testing equipment and people will slowly stop testing creating a shortage much like the HGV tester shortage. I’m also looking to become a shareholder in our business but will now have to invest in new equipment . Why can’t there be a retro fit type system?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: Decelerometer connected MOT rule comes into force next week

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.