MOT security cards to be phased out

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat MOT security cards to be phased out

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 1 week ago by Mike Ruff, GW editor.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

The DVSA is adding an additional way to authenticate MOT testing service logins from early next year. An official smart phone will generate a six-digi
    [See the full post at: MOT security cards to be phased out]

#205874 Reply
    craig

using the app would be good if you can make it only work on the mot station network. stopping many from access the app from a layby and doing illegal mots, or enabling the gps to allow dvsa to pinpoint the location of the device the app is on at time of test.

#205877 Reply
    mark mitchell
    Participant

vosa is been told this will not work due to the fact a lot of employers ban phones in the work place so it will have too be on the mot station network and not mobile phone app

#205879 Reply
    Meat-Head
    Blocked

If mobile phone app no thanks, other apps are sometimes are naughty looking at phone numbers texts etc. Probably only work on newest iShit anyway

Don’t people have 10 finger prints, face id, ni numbers
    Or even a usb key/dongle!

Atm most if not all take a photo as your using them do the same

#205886 Reply
    Derek

Using mobile phones in the work place is
    Dangerous, mistakes will be made , we aren’t allowed our phones due to Heath and safety

#205887 Reply
    Hooters

My Nokia 6310i doesn’t do ‘aps’ so what happens now?
    Will I be stopped from testing?

#206165 Reply
    Scooby doo

I think it’s a good idea we need to go with the modern day times only thing I suggest is for the app to work you have to be on the internet of the site so will only work on the sites I p address this would tighten up on security issues then you have to be at the correct station to test

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: MOT security cards to be phased out

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.