UK’s independent garages adapt to current challenges with more now reopening

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat UK’s independent garages adapt to current challenges with more now reopening

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

More independent garages are this week reopening following a temporary period of closure during the UK’s COVID-19 lockdown. It follows Boris Johnson’s
    [See the full post at: UK’s independent garages adapt to current challenges with more now reopening]

#195423 Reply
    Adrian Smith

I have stayed open all throughout .I have one employee ,who is furloughed at the moment,
    I Have a small workshop so self distancing from him will be hard as workshop is only 12 foot wide
    could you give me any idea what i should do

#195430 Reply
    Tom Krothe

Can you advise me if small used cars sales can reopen.

#195434 Reply
    James

We furloughed all staff and I have worked on my own as business dropped overnight when the mot extensions was introduced. I have as yet not been able to claim any furlough monies and as we have two units we do not receive rate relief so have not received any grant. We have appealed to out local council and have had no response and are waiting for the technical team from HMRC to reply with help on claiming furlough.

#195435 Reply
    Ian Goodier

We have remained open throughout and as with most workshops the ramps and work areas are far enough apart to safely comply with 2m. Parts supply has been limited and have been many difficulties for issues that would normally be easily dealt with including waste collections and receiving payments from fleet customers. However we still have a running business and have picked up many new customers from places that have closed, we’ve fixed ambulances, doctors cars, nurses cars and many others that would have been stuck without us. Customers that will stay with us long term…. No one forced anywhere to close and yes we’ve lost money everyday we opened but will benefit long term and will be there for when normality returns

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: UK’s independent garages adapt to current challenges with more now reopening

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.