Enter Garage of the Year 2018 to win £1,000
Competition returns with six categories to celebrate the diversity of UK garage businesses
Automechanika Birmingham is calling on independent garages across the UK to enter its prestigious ‘Garage of the Year’ award, which is being held in partnership with Garage Wire.
Sponsored by the Independent Garage Association, the competition is open to all garages across the UK.
Entrants must explain why they deserve to win and may enter more than one category. Simply explain why your garage deserves to win using the entry form below. Garages can also enter by uploading a short video explaining why they deserve to win on camera.
Entries for Garage of the Year 2018 have now been closed – keep up to date with the latest Garage of the Year news by signing up to the GW news bulletin.
The winner of each category is to be announced during an evening dinner to be held at The Director’s Club, Aston Villa FC on 5th June, which all category finalists will be invited to attend free of charge.
Special guest, Fuzz Townshend will be on hand to share TV show anecdotes and guests are invited put their questions to him throughout the evening.
The overall Garage of the Year winner will then be announced at Automechanika Birmingham on 6 June from these six category winners and will walk away with £1,000!
- Best Small Garage
- Maximum of three technicians operating from a single site.
- Best Large Garage
- Four or more technicians and operate across multiple sites.
- Best Community Initiative
- A garage that has implemented an initiative that supports the local community.
- ‘Auto-mechanik’ of the Year
- An individual technician who has demonstrated exceptional performance in his role within the garage success.
- Technology Innovation
- A garage that can demonstrate use of a new technology or advanced skills in a technology that has affected the overall success of the garage business.
- Business Innovation Award
- A garage that can demonstrate success in one of the day to day areas of managing a successful garage ie: HR and people management, finance, customer service, marketing and sales.
With thanks to this year’s award sponsors: EDT Automotive, Elta, The Parts Alliance, AA Garage Guide and Autologic.