Garage owners urged to consider taking on more apprentices

Home Page Forums Discussions General independent garage chat Garage owners urged to consider taking on more apprentices

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

The automotive industry needs to attract new talent, the IMI’s Steve Nash has said ahead of National Apprenticeship Week 2021, which takes place next
    [See the full post at: Garage owners urged to consider taking on more apprentices]

#207825 Reply
    graham cox

what a joke
    we have an apprentice and the collage is not able to train him because they do not have any teachers
    active learning are a bloody joke unable to organise anything
    the kids from school can barely read and write and have no desire to work a full day
    we are like most garages using older guys who need a job to pay the bills
    we are gently sinking with no prospects of getting new staff
    we pay very well and even that does not work
    the powers that be need a bloody good kick up the arse and get in the real world

#207826 Reply
    Marino pacini

Don’t want to be pessimistic but our experience is the poor quality of candidates . The thing that needs to change is the perception of being a tech as grease monkey etc. Everyone in the trade knows this .

#207831 Reply
    Meat-Head
    Blocked

That Steve Nash is just ugly ginger fud*. He never responded to my
    Tweet from couple of years ago and it’s only him out of the entire imi people
    Ive noted that hasn’t blocked me on Twitter. So he is clearly out of touch.

As for Apprenticeship training the “education centre” about 10
    Miles away in the next town used to have 4 members of staff as imi professionals
    Now there is only 2……. those not on register STILL work there!

Like above mentioned the term “snowflake” is the term you need.
    Anybody created around the time of the “Millennium Bug” need kick up the arse.
    Less intrest than a visa card.

*That IS a politically CORRECT statement.

#207836 Reply
    Paul baldwin

The whole training program is a joke in England. The quality of training is terrible and no one at the collages really care. Good luck apprentices

#207841 Reply
    Jason

We have tried a few over the years. There is a fundamental problem with the youngins these days. They don’t want to work. They would rather be tiktok famous, or a youtube personality. They will not work, always on their phones…one snowflake knocked the oil pan and spilled oil everywhere…He then asked if he should clean it up haha…I kid you not….I am sure there are good youngsters out there, we just haven’t found any yet.

#207990 Reply
    Paul

I think you mean Colleges!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

LEAVE A REPLY:

Reply To: Garage owners urged to consider taking on more apprentices

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.