Fire caused by accidental ignition destroys much of garage

Tools, machinery and parts were decimated in the blaze

Fire caused by accidental ignition destroys much of garage
Accidental ignition caused this blaze that swept through a garage. Image - Bristol Live

A fire swept through a garage and destroyed much of its contents after an accidental ignition.

The blaze erupted at the garage on the evening of Sunday 17 March and fire crews from Temple and Bedminster attended the incident on Petherton Road, Hengrove, Bristol.

A photograph uploaded by the fire service reveal a number of charcoaled items which were completely destroyed in the fire including a ladder, bike and car tyres and several tools.

Steve Imrie, area manager for Avon Fire and Rescue, said: “We were called at 4:30pm to a fire in a garage.

“Two crews from Temple and one from Bedminster attended.

“Crews used breathing apparatus and two high pressured hose reels to extinguish the fire.

“The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental ignition.”

Have your say!

0 0
Written by

Lost Password

Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.