Added protection for the engine – this is what LIQUI MOLY’s three oil additives do to combat wear and tear. They have one thing in common: they are all motor oil additives that reduce friction.
This impacts positively on fuel consumption as well as wear and tear. For example, they protect the engine from early piston seizure in the event of oil loss.
Basic physical protection with Oil Additive
Of all additives, this is LIQUI MOLY’s classic product and the first one it put on the market. Still available after 60 years, it now features an improved formula. It contains MoS2, the abbreviation for molybdenum sulfide: this is a graphite-like substance that acts as a solid lubricant.
- The MoS2 forms a highly resilient lubricant film on all surfaces subject to friction and movement
- It reduces friction and ensures the components run more smoothly.
- Metal to metal contact is avoided, thereby protecting the engine from wear and tear.
Who needs it: The economical basic protection for older vehicles and vintage cars.
Chemical protection with Motor Protect
Motor Protect is a modern additive that does without solid lubricants entirely. High-pressure wear protection additives create a very thin film on the engine’s sliding points that offers deformation and sliding capacity under wearing conditions.
- It is effective for at least 50,000km.
- Motor Protect ensures optimum engine performance and smoother running.
- Other key benefits are a significant reduction in wear and prolonged engine service life.
Who needs it: Engine development is moving increasingly towards downsizing, which results in higher levels of pressure and temperature in the power unit. The chemical protection provided by Motor Protect is especially effective here. For this reason it is recommended for use in newer vehicles.
2 in 1: physical and chemical protection with Cera Tec
Cera Tec is a high-tech additive that combines the advantages of both Oil Additive and Motor Protect
- Unlike Oil Additive, Cera Tec doesn’t use MoS2 as a solid lubricant but tiny ceramic particles instead.
- These micro-ceramics are chemically and thermally highly stable, thereby creating a smooth-running effect and reducing fuel consumption.
- The effects of Cera Tec last for up to 50,000km.
Who needs it: The 2 in 1 combination for everyone who wants dual protection.