The traditional approach of using an Oxy-Acetylene torch is obviously out of the question as its use in a confined space vastly increases the consequential fire risk – plastics, wiring, trim and fumes around the part to be removed can catch fire, causing potentially costly damage.
The Mini-Ductor induction heating tool range quickly heats ferrous and some non-ferrous metal, providing a safe and viable alternative to using a naked flame.
Some parts can be also be reused as the ‘invisible heat’ is localised on the part and not the surrounding area, with less collateral damage.
The Mini-Ductor is supplied with three bendable coils, ideal for getting into awkward areas and thin enough to wrap round the nut and heat it in seconds for easy removal.
- Make sure fuel lines are not leaking or creating a vapour.
- Select the correct coil and bend it to the correct shape for ease of use.
- Tighten preformed coil well.
- Only heat the nut enough to expand and loosen.
- Select correct tools, such as a spanner, to loosen nut.
- The nut is safely removed.
The Mini-Ductor range is available in 240V II + (MD-800), 110 CE (MD-700CE) and new, portable 12V (MD-500) version.
To find out more call 01953 859138, email [email protected] or click ‘more details’ below.