Avia Autos in Bridgend has been named Garage of the Year at this year’s awards ceremony held at the National Motorcylce Museum this week.
Collecting the Garage of the Year award and £1,000 cash prize, Hayley Pells described the moment as a complete shock.
She said: “I was listening to all of the categories, waiting in anticipation and thinking that we might stand a small chance of winning one of these but I certainly didn’t expect to win the overall award.”
Garage of the Year 2019 award winners
- Community Initiative, sponsored by Gallagher: Sufari at Newberry Road Garage
- Training and Standards, sponsored by ZF: Community Motors CIC
- Automechanik, sponsored by Automechanika: Matthew Pestridge, D&D Autos
- Business Innovation, sponsored by TechMan: Cleevely Motors
- Tech Innovation, sponsored by EDT: AAK
- Outstanding Achievement, sponsored by Delphi: Bee Cool ACS
- Garage Owner, sponsored by Launch UK: Lorraine Amor
- Best Small Garage, sponsored by The Parts Alliance: Performance 3000 (South), Brian Swales (North)
- Best Large Garage, sponsored by Autologic: Jackson & Phillips (South), Chelt. & Glos Autocentre (North)
- Garage of the Year: Avia Autos
This year’s competition featured a total of nine categories.
The Independent Garage Association (IGA) were the main sponsor once again whilst Autologic, The Parts Alliance, Delphi Technologies, ZF, Gallagher, Launch UK, EDT Automotive and Techman all supported categories.